As a management trainee at UMG
You have a keen interest in the health care industry and want to experience working in a modern maximum care hospital with cutting-edge research and teaching?
The 24-month trainee programme for university graduates with an interest in management tasks at a university hospital offers you a structured training with a wide range of insights into various business areas at a maximum care university provider, extensive development opportunities, and a variety of tasks and projects.
Your trainee programme starts with a two-month practical assignment to get you acquainted with the day-to-day functions in patient care, research, and logistics. This is followed by three six-month elective placements in the business areas of central hospital management, which you can select according to your interests. The final stage is a four-month project phase during which you can take responsibility for your own projects. As part of your individual curriculum, you will support managers in day-to-day operations, work in a team, be accompanied by a mentor, and receive individually tailored support measures. Upon completion of the trainee programme, you will have acquired practice-oriented knowledge and skills and will know the following:
- How does bedside care work? Where are critical interfaces for an optimal treatment process? Who needs to work together in interdisciplinary teams?
- How is the interaction between patient care, research, and teaching?
- How is a university hospital funded? How are the overall business control operations carried out?
- How are clinics and institutes managed from a business point of view?
- Which business areas support clinics and institutes?
- What constitutes successful project management in the health sector?
As part of your individual curriculum for young talents, you will support managers in day-to-day operations, work in a team, be accompanied by a mentor, and receive individually tailored support measures.
Your qualifications and strengths:
- Master’s degree in economics, law, nursing and natural sciences, human or dental medicine or comparable qualification
- up to two years of professional experience post-graduation
- several months of internships in the health sector are desirable
- practical and/or theoretical expertise/experience in the health care sector
- high motivation and performance orientation
- entrepreneurial mindset and approach
- strong analytical skills and structured approach to work; flexibility and high level of personal initiative
- strong communication and teamwork skills
We offer you:
- an attractive entry into the fast-growing health care industry
- a practical, systematic management education, on-the-job training, responsible tasks, and a wide range of assignments in different business areas
- an individual assignment and development plan
- personal guidance and support from our managers
- regular feedback sessions
We look forward to hearing from you
The two-year trainee programme starts on 1 October every year.
You will receive feedback approximately three weeks after the application deadline, and we will invite qualified applicants to Greifswald for selection interviews.
Greifswald University Hospital
Corporation under public law